Scaled down by the well proven AE94.3A technology, the AE64.3A offers the same high standard of reliability in a small size and compact package. The rotor construction with the internally air cooled hot gas path and the uniform temperature distribution, due to the annular combustion chamber, ensure optimum balancing of the thermal flow resulting in easy operation, fast start up / hot restart time and grid support capability.
As a result of fuel gas premix combustion extension in the whole load range, high flexibility is possible throughout the entire operating range, including easy management of all transient conditions and reliable fuel change over. A wide selection of fuels, ranging from lower BTU natural gas to liquid fuel, are burnt in dry premix mode with no water consumption, thus minimizing the plant and operating cost and the layout area.
Fast start up time and grid support capability make the AE64.3A suitable also for peak plant application or when grid conditions are severe.
The AE64.3A Customer's benefits include:
- Fast start, fast ramp and hot restart capabilities;
- High fuel flexibility with quick and dependable fuel switch over and dry mode operation for both gas and oil;
- High reliability;
- Easy maintenance with tailored service plans and high availability.
- Single shaft rotor, disk type with Hirth serration and central tie rod
- 2 bearings
- 15 stage compressor with Variable Inlet Guide Vanes
- Cold end generator drive
- 4 Stages axial turbine
- Advanced materials, extended film cooling with thermal barrier coating and cooling optimization (no external device is required)
- All blades and vanes replaceable with rotor in place
AE64.3A Gas Turbine manufactured in Ansaldo Energia factory, Genoa, Italy||
Yugozapadnaya TEZ (St. Peterburg) 500 MW CHP Multishaft Plant, based on 5x AE64.3A|