Engie has chosen Ansaldo Energia to optimize its thermoelectric plant in Leinì (Turin)
Steam turbines are the foundations on which Ansaldo was built: the Company was established in 1853 to support to the development of the then-flourishing steam locomotive industry.
Today’s Ansaldo Energia steam turbine portfolio has been developed for application in most power generation technologies, from traditional fossil combustion to renewable energy:
- Steam power plants and Combined Cycle plants;
- as well as district heating, cogeneration and solar power facilities.
Current production includes:
- large ratings for reheat applications, respecting the highest steam parameters for supercritical and ultrasupercritical conditions;
- compact modules for smaller ratings;
- single-and two-cylinders models for non-reheat thermal cycles;
- and geothermal steam turbines are based on impulse design.
Each steam turbine model is a combination of pre-engineered, well-proven modules of different sizes, providing a broad range of power ratings and applications in both 50 and 60 Hz markets. Modular design reduces both technical development and manufacturing time.
All models are assembled in our workshop – except the large low-pressure sections, which are most conveniently field-installed.
Reheat steam turbines increase efficiency by returning partially-expanded steam to the steam generator for reheating before feeding it back to the turbine...
Non-reheat turbines are the solution which best suits the needs of industrial plants and small utilities...
Ansaldo Energia News: H.E. Ambassador Lorenzo Fanara visiting Ansaldo Energia Gulf
High-level meeting at our premises in Abu Dhabi