Ansaldo Energia water-hydrogen cooled generators (WT, THAR series), with water-cooled stators and hydrogen-cooled rotors, are the top level products for the highest power range turbines.
Thanks to their high efficiency and excellent quality they ensure optimum and reliable operation for any turbine requirement.
Their well proven technology and adherence to all safety requirements, to ensure proper operation in presence with hydrogen gas, is witnessed by more than 60 installed units and more than 30 GVA awarded by Ansaldo Energia.
Dedicated auxiliary systems are used to condition and circulate deionized water and hydrogen for cooling and keeping the shaft seals supplied with oil.
Oxygen removal and deionization equipment plus all the necessary equipment to ensure reliable and safety operations are provided.
Static excitation units provides fast-response excitation system capable of adapting the air-gap flux rapidly to load conditions in order to deliver stable power supply when operating on a network and maintain generator voltage constant during no load operation or station servicing.
- Generator casing designed for high pressure H2 (PED and ATEX regulations) - Composed by two bolted halves
- Axial stator core cooling
- Direct cooled stator winding by deionized water
- 4675® Hydrostatic Resin rich class F stator winding insulation
- Double or single Roebel bars
- Direct cooled rotor winding
- Hollow copper conductor
- Pedestal or end-shield support bearings
- Single or double coupling rotor
- 4 vertical hydrogen-water coolers
For more detailed information about the product