Ansaldo Energia Group through its subsidiary company, PSM, has designed a complete 501F product line that offers robust and proven design improvements and solutions. Our product line has expanded from our flagship combustion offerings to include reliability enhanced, in-kind replacement of turbine, compressor, and rotor hardware, as well as upgrade packages that deliver performance enhancements and extended lifetimes.
As the sole source for aftermarket 501F GT performance upgrades, we remain focused on producing responsive, targeted, high quality design solutions in anticipation of 501F fleet needs. Through continuous improvement of our current offerings and expansion into new products, we combine our technical expertise, speed to market, flexible solutions, innovative tools, and multiple OEM cross-platform experience to prove ourselves the industry leading 501F alternative products and services supplier. We bring these advantages to customers who want gains in efficiency and performance paired with reduced life cycle costs through better durability and reliability.
Designed to Reduce Life Cycle Cost
Maximizing part durability and reliability provides better availability and profitability in the marketplace. Our complete line of SW & MHI 501F parts have been redesigned where necessary to address the life-limiting elements of existing designs. Our hot gas path components utilize advanced materials, coatings, cooling schemes, and design features to maximize durability and reliability.
We upgrade components following our proven design approach:
• Identify the current component issues/failures
• Use state-of-the-art analysis tools, metallurgical evaluations, and engine test data where possible to determine the root cause of the issues/failures
• Use the same analytical tools to design and fabricate new hardware with design features to maximize durability and reliability
• Return that value to owners and operators through reliability and operability enhancements, outage elimination to reduce operating costs, and performance upgrades to improve the bottom line
By co-locating R&D engineering with our repair workshop, our design engineers collect continuous feedback on the performance of PSM and competitor designs and proactively address emerging fleet issues.
Our Hot Gas Path benefits include:
• Interchangeability: with OEM parts at the component or system level
• Interval Extension: Minimum 25K EBH or 900 ES repair interval for all parts
• Life Cycle Costs: 4 interval component life for all combustion parts, with lower repair costs at each part turn
• Operational Flexibility: 5-10% turndown improvement
• Reduced Operational Risk: Design and flow control increases dynamics window for safe operation (increased flashback and NOx margin)