ANSALDO NUCLEARE is the leader of a Joint Venture Partnership which includes also: Thales Alenia Space Italy, CESI, and Atom Remont Service.
The IAMS will be installed inside the Shelter Object and within the exclusion zone surrounding the ChNPP, where the site is contaminated and access to the areas is restricted.
IAMS is composed of four lower-level systems, receiving information directly from sensors, and one upper-level system, performing functions of a centralized information system linked to the lower-level systems and the external systems (these latter not included in the scope of this contract).
The five IAMS Systems are:
- Stationary Radiation Monitoring System (SRMS)
- Nuclear Safety Monitoring System (NSMS)
- Structure Monitoring System (SSMS),
- Seismic Monitoring System (SMS) and
- Integrated Monitoring System (IMS).
Each lower-level system is developed as a distributed system consisting of measuring sensors connected to several Data Acquisition Units (DAU) which are linked to a Data Collection Unit (DCU). The link of all DAU, but SMS, to DCU is obtained by a ring of fiber optic cable, while the data from SMS DAU to their DCU is obtained by radio links, since each SMS DAU is housed in a small building (also included in the scope of this contract) located all around ChNPP at a distance of 15-20 Km.
Each DCU is linked to the upper level IMS.
The four DCU and main part of IMS (servers) are contained in 4 cabinets:
- IMS basically includes also 3 workstations, 11 monitors and 3 printers.
- NSMS contains 6 DAU and 19 gamma/neutron Detection Units.
- SRMS contains 18 DAU and 58 gamma, alpha, beta sensors.
- SSMS contains 8 DAU and 42 sensors (strain gages, seismometers, inclinometers, linear displacement)
- SMS contains 5 DAU and 5 accelerometers
IAMS basic objectives are the following: Improvement of radiation, nuclear and environmental safety; Improvement of emergency preparedness.
IAMS basic functions are the following: Collection and storage of data on parameters of the Shelter status and the ChNPP local area required for consequent safety analysis in order to timely identify negative tendencies, which may result in degradation of the Shelter safety level; Display of visual and/or auditable data characterizing the Shelter monitored status.
The scope of supply includes detailed design, procurement, safety reports and support for Ukraine Safety Authority licensing documentation, delivery, installation, set-up, training of personnel and commissioning of the whole system.